Your Solar Screen Professionals
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Solar Screens?
Exterior Sun Control Screens absorb and dissipate a large percentage of solar heat and glare before it reaches windows and doors; this keeps the glass and interior cool.
Why buy Solar Screens?
Save money! With rising energy costs, even the most efficient air conditioning systems may result in high utility bills. Many Sun Control Screen payback period estimates fall between two and three cooling seasons. A University of Texas study predicts a 32% savings for an average home.
Reasons people install Solar Screens
• Solar Screens stop the heat transfer into the home reducing the indoor temperature up to 15 degrees.
• Block up to 90% of the visible light heat responsible for almost half of the heat gain into a home or building.
• Prevent fading of valuable artwork, furnishings and curtains.
• Provide a degree of daytime privacy. You can easily see out but inward visibility is reduced.
• Can be easily removed for cleaning.
• Less dust in your house.
• Provides a third layer of insulation for double pane windows making them 15% more energy efficient.
Should I use Solar Screens in the winter?
Yes. To protect carpets, drapes and furniture from damaging UV rays, the Sun Control Screens should remain in place even during cooler months. They also provide approximately 15% increase in the thermal performance of the window. Result: Save Energy & Money!
Why use Solar Screens instead of Tint?
• Glass tinting filters the light along with the UV rays. Sun Control Screens reduce the volume of light without filtering. As the glass filters sunlight through the tint, it will maintain heat, which dissipates into the house, making sun control screens more effective than glass tinting for energy savings.
• Tint is permanently attached to the window and can’t be removed without considerable time and expense.
• If not installed correctly the customer can see visible lines and bubbles.
• Tint will void the warranty on the majority of manufacturer's window warranties.
Should I use the 80% or 90% screen material?
Solar Screens material is available in several colors and densities. Densities include 80% and 90%. For more natural light, the 80% material is recommended. For glare reduction and maximum energy efficiency, we recommend the 90% material. Choosing the right density depends on your individual needs.
What is the warranty?
The Solar Screens installed by Solar Select are guaranteed to be free from defects in material and workmanship.The screen material includes a Ten-Year Limited warranty.
Please see warranty for full details.
What is the turn around time from the time the order is placed?
Approximately 5 to 10 days
We wash the outside of your windows with each installation!!!
Call us for a free estimate: Solar Select 469-765-1591